May 28, 2006

The Asian Trip Project


So, I am still planning my trip around Asia. I know I must be out of my mind, because I have muscular dystrophy. More than that, I must be out of my mind, because Asians don't travel in Asia.

But I am sticking with it. Why? Because if there are a million people around me doing the same thing the same way, I would rather be that one in a million who does it differently. Having congenital muscular dystrophy, after all, is like having won the jackpot. I know what it takes to be different.

So here are some ways you can help. The "Internet people" offered these ideas:

1. Coordinate trip details - arrange accessible transportation or accommodation for me and my travelling companion

2. Donate your Frequent Flier mileage - to sponsor our air tickets

3. Offer information from experience - tell us about places/people to visit/contact

4. Invite us to speak - at your school, community center, or church for us to do presentations on life and education (or other topics). We would love to do that!

5. Introduce us to your friends - if you have friends in Asia, introduce them to us! We would love to meet them!

1 comment:

paperdoll said...

Sounds very doable. Who is "we" by the way, did you find an assistant yet?