August 19, 2008

Back in Life - a video worth watching

Watching this video reminds me of my many friends who have helped me through different periods of my life. I thank them from the bottom of my heart, and I pray that I will come to know many more, because life is a lonely walk without companions. We need each other. We need to be loved.

For those of us who "cannot live without the help of others"... it's still important that we develop friendships that are not based on our neediness or the other person's pity for us. We like hanging out together because we love each other, and because it enriches our lives to understand and share each other's burdens. I hope Zach's life inspires you. As much as Zach does, however, I think Silas, the guy who directed this video, should inspire you too. Because it's not just about Zach. It's about Zach and his friends.

1 comment:

AJ said...

Elaine. What a quality video.

You know, you were the first true friend--with a "physical challenge"--I had. But what has always stood out to me about you, even more than what makes you physically different, is your mind.

It has always surprised me how complexly you think, and how well you understand me, though we are from different parts of the world. I know no one else like you.

I appreciate how easily you can love and communicate with your friends.