January 24, 2008

RIP Heath Ledger


Yesterday I went a full day without touching my computer, so imagine my shock as I navigated to the BBC website this morning and read the news: "Heath Ledger autopsy inconclusive". I could not believe it. As I went from BBC to CNN, I just said to myself over and over again, "Oh my god... Oh my god..."

I think he's the kind of "celebrity person" I admire but never really know much about, like Steve Irwin, or... actually, I can't think of another recent death that meant something to me as his did. It's the kind of disbelief you got when you first heard about the September 11th attack or the tsunami in Indonesia. Strange and disproportionate, you say, but nonetheless there.

A talented and promising actor, Heath Ledger. You will be missed.

Link: BBC News "Heath Ledger autopsy inconclusive"

No comments: